Oct 4, 2010

Granny Square Slippers

While browsing Craft Blogs a while back I came across this great tutorial at The Purl Bee. 
I have loved making granny squares ever since I was little and my Nan taught me to make pot holders.
So I thought I would have a go and the results are below. Now I'm not a great crocheter, just enthusiastic, and these are simple enough for a beginner. The only thing I did differently was to take the lazy way out and whip stitch the squares together rather than crochet them.
Over the week my Mother-in-Law has given me a few granny squares from unfinished projects her friends had started, so I am making a few more pairs to get a feel for sizing etc. Hope you have as much fun making them as I did.




Granny Square Slippers

More photos here on My Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.