Oct 21, 2010

In A Pickle

I've been busy the last couple of days getting myself in a pickle.

It's almost summer in Australia and I really enjoy a good pickled onion with my barbeque. I'm also quite partial to the bread & butter cucumbers which a couple of "unmentionable" takeaway places put in their burgers. When I was a young bride living in the wheatbelt area, I used to have a go at anything that would save money. So I learnt a few things about pickling. For a while I only made a few favourites, so I'm experimenting again with recipes and different methods.


I've also been messing around with presentation ideas. I got these labels from Printable Labels.

Bread & Butter Pickles

I also had the idea of using an old date stamp to give a retro look to the "made on " labels.

Made on Labels


I tried a couple of different tops including doilies like this:

Doily Tops

I remember when getting myself into a pickle had a whole different meaning - now those were the days :)



Pickles (group)



1 comment:

  1. The good thing is, when you are in a pickle, it always tastes sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.