Jan 4, 2011

Kind Hearted Blogger Campaign

I have wanted to write about this for a while and kept forgetting, So here goes.
When I first started blogging, not too long ago, one of the people who really cheered me on in the beginning was Lillabilly . She was just so nice and encouraging when I didn't really know what I was doing. It looks like she is taking a little hioliday at the moment, but check out her blog anyway as she has lots of cool things to share.
Anyway, one thing I noticed in her sidebar was a button called "Kind Hearted Blogger Pledge". So I checked it out and it led me to Em Jay & Me.



You can read all about it in the link, but here are the basics.


AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:


  • create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
  • be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
  • stay away from internet/blogging bullying
  • speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
  • make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
  • acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
  • know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
  • believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.




So I have decided I will take the Pledge, and will do my best to uphold it.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, I'm taking the pledge with you. You're a great example of what a kind-hearted blogger looks like. I'm still in awe of and honored by your gift of the sylish blogger award:) Every time I think of the joy and surprise I felt when I read your comment, I smile with delight.
    Once I figure out what I'm doing, I plan to include it on my blog and officially thank you for the honor. I'm so very blessed to have you as a new blogging friend. You have a special and unique gift of encouraging others - the blog world needs more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks Debra. I hope I can live up to this now. I like to put out what I want to get back. I think that if we pick teachers we love and teach like that then the world will be better. My teachers in the blog world have all been so nice and I try to emulate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very worthy pledge...Thank you for stopping by and commenting.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for visiting my little blog...hope you get use of your calendar and that 2011 brings many blessings your way.

    Stay Warm -

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.