When I first started blogging, not too long ago, one of the people who really cheered me on in the beginning was Lillabilly . She was just so nice and encouraging when I didn't really know what I was doing. It looks like she is taking a little hioliday at the moment, but check out her blog anyway as she has lots of cool things to share.
Anyway, one thing I noticed in her sidebar was a button called "Kind Hearted Blogger Pledge". So I checked it out and it led me to Em Jay & Me.
You can read all about it in the link, but here are the basics.
AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:
- create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
- be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
- stay away from internet/blogging bullying
- speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
- make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
- acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
- know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
- believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.
So I have decided I will take the Pledge, and will do my best to uphold it.