Jan 24, 2011

Meet Me on Monday



Follow the above link for the "Meet Me on Monday" meme at "Never Growing Old". 

Questions: 

1.  What is your favorite kind of fudge?
2.  Is there snow outside your window?
3.  What is your favorite meal of the day?
4.  Do you text on your cell phone?
5.  Waffles or pancakes?
---------------------------------------------------------------


My Answers!

1.  What is your favorite kind of fudge?
     
      My favourite is Scottish tablet which my Nan used to make. But I hardly ever make it, as it is very sweet. 

2.  Is there snow outside your window?



     No. It's summer time here, although it is raining. Which is unusual as we have Mediterranean weather normally. It never snows here, even in winter. But when I lived in the Wheat-belt of Western Australia we would get frost in the winter.




3.  What is your favorite meal of the day? 



  Morning Tea. We often use morning tea as a get together, and have lovely cakes and sandwiches. 



Chocolate Cup Cakes

4.  Do you text on your cell phone?


    Yes, a bit. But not as much as my daughter. She wears out key pads long before the phone is done with. 
I love the graph on Shawn Becker's answer to this question. This is probably me, too. 



5.  Waffles or pancakes?



     Pancakes. My son loves pancakes, so he has learnt to make them really well. It's always a treat when he cooks them.


And since I missed last week, here are those answers, too.

Questions: 

1.  Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?
2.  Do you read the newspaper daily?
3.  Marinara or meat sauce?
4.  Last time you cried?
5.  What word/phrase do you find really annoying?
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Answers!

1.  Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?
     
  I really prefer icecream in a dish. Usually with strawberries or banana and some chocolate sauce if I'm being naughty.  


2.  Do you read the newspaper daily?

     No, never. But I do read the news by rss feed - usually daily. I also try to tweet, as this gives me most of the important news.


3.  Marinara or meat sauce? 

 Meat sauce. I usually have traditional style meat sauce that I or my husband (the Butcher) have made. But I have found a fun short cut which I learnt from one of my adult education students a few years back. That is, to buy the prepared meatballs and then add pasta and sauce (either home made or jar). It's not bad if you are in a big hurry.


4.  Last time you cried?


Oh, all the time. But last time I cried happy tears was my daughter's wedding last June. She was such a beautiful bride and it was a lovely wedding. Her groom promised not to mind her obsession with shoes, if she didn't mind him working on the car. :)


    
5.  What word/phrase do you find really annoying?


      I really dislike it when people say "That's gay" or "Don't be gay" and intend it as an insult. I also, dislike "Don't be a retard" or similar phrases when they are intended to be mean.


3 comments:

  1. Interesting answers! I'm with your daughter on the texting :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Just visiting via MMOM. Hope you have a lovely week, feel free to hop over and say hi.
    Helen x
    http://acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.