Feb 14, 2011

Meet Me on Monday




Here is the latest Meet Me on Monday - A blog hop hosted by Java at Never Growing Old. One thing I love about this blog hop is that you get to meet the nicest people.
Questions: 

1.  Did you get any Valentine's Gifts?
2.  What is your favorite topping on something toasted?
3.  Do you pick out your outfit the night before?
4.  What food item do you absolutely despise?
5.  Righty or lefty?
---------------------------------------------------------------

My Answers!

1.  Did you get any Valentine's Gifts?
I got a beautiful love letter from my husband. He's always been good at writing love letters to me. He wrote one the day we were married and sent it up to my room at the hotel while I was getting ready, to tell me he couldn't wait to marry me. Yesterday I made some Rocky Road and we had that with our afternoon coffee when he got home today from work and we chatted about our day.
I also got to have breakfast with my parents which was really special. They needed to drop their car off for servicing and when I picked them up, I gave Mum some Rocky Road as a Valentine. Then Mum made us all some breakfast of fresh rolls, fruit and yoghurt and a cup of tea.


2.  What is your favorite topping on something toasted?
My favourite topping on toast is pate. I love making it, too. It's so yummy. But it is a luxury, so for everyday I usually have Vegemite on my toast. It's a part of every Australian childhood.



    3.  Do you pick out your outfit the night before? 
    Sometimes. If I have something important on, I will organise what I'm going to wear the next day and make sure it's ironed and my shoes are clean, and I have a matching bag and earnings. But for everyday I usually just pick something after my morning shower. But I don't have to worry too much about everything matching because I mainly wear denim, black and purple. I made this little collection of my tastes in clothes with Polyvore. Have you tried it yet? It's really fun.

    4.  What food item do you absolutely despise?
    Tinned Baked Beans. I can't stand them. One time they had a challenge on television where people had to put their heads in a tank of baked beans and fish around with their mouths to find money. I wouldn't do that for $100. It made me ill just watching them. But I love beans of all kinds, and put them in my cooking a lot. So I think it must be the sauce that I don't like. I buy them for my husband and son, but even the smell puts me off, so I try to get them to cook their own If I'm having a night off from cooking.


    5.  Righty or Lefty?
    I'm right handed and so are both my kids. Both my mum and my husband's mum are ambidextrous, though they are self taught and are technically right handed. They can write both left and right handed as well as back to front and upside down. I always wished I was left handed when I heard an old wives tale that left handed people were more creative. My best friend in primary school is left handed. We would always sit next to each other in class and I would always sit on her right so our arms wouldn't bump when we were writing.


    5 comments:

    1. I love vegemite on toast too! I forgot about pate I don't mind that either :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. When I was little my grandmother tried to encourage me to use my right hand instead of left hand. There's some tale of lefthanded people being from the devil or something like that.

      thanks for stopping by today!

      ReplyDelete
    3. You can tell I am not from Australia in that - I can't understand how you all eat vegamite. I have tried it and to me - it's gross...but to each his own!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Blog hopping today and am your newest follower. I hope that 1 of my blogs interests you too.

      http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
      http://btrbb.blogspot.com
      http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com

      I also do a weekend blog hop, you can link up on tawnasplan.blogspot.com open every Friday-Sunday!
      Thanks
      Tawna

      ReplyDelete
    5. So you don't eat baked beans at all then? I wonder how one makes baked beans without them in the tin.

      ReplyDelete

    ♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.