Mar 24, 2011

Confessions of a junk collector...

Alright, my secret is going to come out. Behind that facade of organisation I am a junk collector, a hoarder. I can't bear to throw things out that may be useful one day, and it's all my Dad's fault because seeing him find uses for the most unusual things, made me convinced that it was the way to be.
So when I kept the little rings that come as packaging in the CD packs, you know the one's that hold the CD's in place? - well there was no way there was going to be a use for them, and I could see myself having to throw them out very soon. Until I was on a shopping trip and saw a very interesting necklace (It was a bargain store - so I don't know who to attribute for the lovely idea - sorry). "I could make one of those" I thought, and I have just the thing...

Here are my spare bits and bobs:

And here is the result:

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I’ve awarded you the Stylish Blogger award. Please visit me at http://tinyurl.com/4bhjm8b and leave a comment to accept. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so I'm not the only one afflicted by the pack-rat heuristic! Very cool stuff, Kat. It gives me some ideas on what to do with stuff laying about on my shelves. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...now that's creative. And super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh Kate....could I order one of those ?

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.