Mar 22, 2011

"Forget the Diet" Rocky Road

Everyone who tries this, says it is the best Rocky Road they have had. I just made it up over the years adding things I thought would be nice. Now I pretty much stick to this recipe.

All ingredients are approximate, and you will need to use your best judgement yourself about quantities.
The main ingredients are: 1 pack unsalted Cashew nuts; 1 pack Natural Confectionary Company Berries (the one's that squirt); 1 Pack Strawberries & Cream Lollies/Sweets (any of your favourite confectionary will do eg. jubes or jellies); Handful of Craisins (Dried Cranberries); Handful of Shredded Coconut (use the real stuff); Large pack of Marshmallows; 2 packs of good quality (chocolate making) chocolate melts. The better quality ingredients you use, the more luxurious the result will be.
Line a tray and spread around the ingredients to your liking.

Use plenty of chocolate so it binds the ingredients. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or a bowl over boiling water as pictured. Do this in batches so you can take good care of your chocolate.
Don't allow your chocolate to overcook or to burn. The results are not pleasing. Take it off the heat when it is just melted but still lumpy. This picture shows how you can then beat it with a wooden spoon so it becomes smooth, by using the heat already in the chocolate it will melt any bits left and stop it from drying out, from too much heating.

Pour over the ingredients, and then tap the tray carefully on a hard surface to ensure you get the chocolate down into all the ingredients. Use the same method you would use to get bubbles out when using chocolate moulds.


When you have melted all batches of chocolate and it is spread evely over the ingredients, then pop into the refrigerator for about half an hour until it is properly set. Then you can remove the Rocky Road by lifting the paper carefully and putting the whole slice onto a cutting board. Cut into serving slices. Keep in a container in the fridge.

Yummo - It won't last long.


6 comments:

  1. oh my word... I think I gained 5 lbs looking at this! I can only imagine how good it tastes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, which is why I will bookmark it, but not make it until I have a bunch of people to share it with. I agree with Alida, I feel like I gained just looking at your picture of it and reading the ingredients. Okay, and I'm actually salivating a bit, too! Well, if you are going to add recipes like this once in awhile, I will simply have to follow! LOL!!! Hope you follow back.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love making this, so easy huh!? Thanks for reminding me how good it is :)
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, this looks heavenly. I'm definitely gonna try it. I'm following you now.
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Stopping by from the weekend wander at FTLOB.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.