Mar 8, 2011

Happy International Women's Day 2011

How to celebrate!
There are loads of interesting links here: International Women's Day
You can search Trove for Vintage issues of the Australian Women's Weekly.
You can follow other great women on Twitter, blogs or Facebook and interact with a woman whose life choices or circumstances are different to yours so we can learn to understand each other.
You can sing along to Helen Reddy.




About ten years ago I was asked to speak to a group of women from the New Opportunities for Women course. At the time I was Acting Regional Manager in one of four regions at a TAFE (Technical) College, and was juggling this and home life - it was before Home schooling. I found my notes the other day and I wondered if I was following my own advice and mostly I was, but there were a few pieces that I could have done with remembering. Here are the gems I've collected from other people.


What would make me happy?
What is the one thing you could do to make you happy right now?

…. Why aren’t you doing it? 

(based upon the work of Steven Covey)  



The first was my life philosophy when I was young and I would get anxious about something. The second was my Dad's philosophy on gossip and bitchiness.

And lastly, I believe this statement from my talk and I am glad I try my hardest to do this.

Women supporting Women
Always support other women’s choices even if they are not the same as your own.

Have a great International Women's Day to all the women out there and the men who love them. 

1 comment:

  1. You know, I've really taken a lot away from every training I've done with Steven Covey's systems. He really gets you thinking about being intentional with your choices (: Happy International Women's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.