Mar 7, 2011

Meet Me on Monday


Once again the ever vivacious Java from Never Growing Old is hosting Meet Me on Monday and has come up with some interesting questions so we can get to know each other. Make sure you pay her a visit and if you want to join in, then click the link above.

Questions: 

1.  What is your favorite way to eat potatoes?
2.  What was the last package that was delivered to your house?
3.  What is your favorite scent that you love to smell?
4.  Do you smoke?
5.  Are your parents married or divorced?
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Answers!

1.  What is your favorite way to eat potatoes?
    I have two favourite ways. The first is definitely fried whether they are chips, crisps, french fries or wedges or whatever other names people have for fried potatoes. But I know these are not good for me because I have to watch my cholesterol. So the second way I love is mashed. My husband's mother bought us a potato ricer and this makes them really smooth and yummy. I do like gravy on top but I try to make the water based one rather than the meat dripping (very naughty) gravy. 



2.  What was the last package that was delivered to your house?
The last package I got delivered was very exciting. I got a USB bracelet. I know I am such a nerd, but it's handy to take along for my studies, too. I remember how excited I was when I got my first thumb drive holding 256Kb. This bracelet holds 4Gb and I wonder if it will be enough. Lol!


3.  What is your favorite scent that you love to smell? 
Lavender. I love Lavender scented candles and I use Lavender oil all the time. I also love fresh Lavender. Funny, because my daughter hates it. Maybe she was overwhelmed with it as a kid. She never has any in her house.



4.  Do you smoke?
No, thank goodness. I smoked from the time I was a teenager and only gave up when I was pregnant, but smoked again once I finished nursing them. But I finally kicked the habit about 9 years ago when I had a bad ulcer. Since then I haven't touched one. I don't even like the smell anymore and consider myself a non-smoker. My husband gave up about 2 years ago. Hopefully it was soon enough as neither of our kids smoke. My son-in-law doesn't smoke either, but my honorary son does, hopefully he will quit but it has to be something you decide for yourself. It's something you have to want to do. There are still a lot of young people in Australia that smoke, despite better education about health. I wonder if they are more stressed and less positive about the world?

5.  Are your parents married or divorced?
My parents are still happily married. So are my in-laws. My husband and I feel that we both got good examples from our parents about riding out the tough times and sticking together, as well as having together time and apart time. I hope my kids find happiness whether they choose marriage (as our daughter has) or any other lifestyle. Hopefully their relationships and friendships will be fulfilling. I wouldn't marry again if anything happened to the butcher (my hubby). But we are very happy together and have mutual respect.

2 comments:

  1. I think the people in the English department here should all get USB bracelets. Daily, we get emails about someone having lost theirs and it has crucial info on it... like dissertations! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ricer too, it certainly helps make mashed potato the best :) great for when you're making gnocchi too

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.