Mar 14, 2011

Meet Me on Monday


I can't believe it is Monday again already. Uni has certainly been keeping me busy. But I also have had a few issues with my health and so all my blog post ideas get put on the back burner.
Anyway, here's my answers to Java's Meet Me on Monday questions.





Questions:

1.  Do you have a fireplace in your home?
2.  Can you drive a stick shift?
3.  How many computers are in your home?
4.  Are your taxes done yet?  Do you do them yourself?
5.  What is your favorite meal of the day?
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Answers!

1.  Do you have a fireplace in your home?
     
      We do have a fireplace, as our house was built in the 60's and it was more common to put fireplaces in homes in Australia in those days. It doesn't really get that cold in our state though. The people who owned the house before us, converted the fireplace so it has a gas bayonet, so we thought we might get one of those fake fires that run on natural gas. They are quite popular around these parts, and are supposed to be better for the environment.





2.  Can you drive a stick shift?

    Yes, I can. I didn't get my license until I was 19, in those days it was usually 17 to get your license. But I had a horrible driving teacher and he said I would never drive a manual and I might as well get my automatic. Well, I went to a new driving teacher and she helped me get my manual, first time. Turns out, she had gotten a lot of his ex-pupils because he was so bad at teaching. It certainly taught me a lesson about shopping around for services.

    3.  How many computer are in your home? 

    A lot. Some are very old, some are in pieces, some are laptops and netbooks and so on. My son has a knack with computer hardware and has been working on them since he was about 12. People give us all their stuff and he gets them going, sometimes he upgrades them. He uses them for different distributions of software and for different learning purposes. He is now studying and will be building his own computer from scratch including making and soldering and programming the components. Also, Uni is giving me a new laptop soon, because I am studying information science. Which is good for me, because I, personally, have never had a new computer. 
    I always get hand me downs. 

    4.  Are your taxes done yet?  Do you do them yourself?

       Yes. We do our taxes at the end of the financial year. I do my own usually with some help from my Mum who was a bookkeeper before she retired. But when we had our shop we used an accountant.   

    5.  What is your favorite meal of the day?

       I love all meals when the family is together. Usually that is a lunch or dinner on the weekends. 

    8 comments:

    1. Breakfast is my favourite meal, I love a good cooked breakfast x

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have a lot of computers, too!

      I played, too! Hope you can visit! :D

      Rebecca @ FreakyFrugalite.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. great news getting your first new computer, i always get hand me downs too.

      have a great week.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I would love my own computer, lol. But it's the husband, then me, then the kids with the ipod onward.
      visiting via MMOM
      www.mylavenderave.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. Like me, I always get hand me down stuff from sister or niece, specially mobile phones?
      I am your newest follower, I hope you could visit mine...
      clavsupclose.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. I used an accountant too. They always managed to get me a nice little refund :)
      Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I really don't see why people think driving a stick shift should be that hard, it must be some kind of myth. Here in Norway I don't know anyone who can't drive one. My partner, who'd never driven an automatic before she was in her forties, didn't like driving an automatic at all. She felt the car was controling her instead of her controlling the car. I'm glad you switched to another driving teacher :-)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hi! I am visiting from meet me on Monday- although a little late...

      I have a fireplace and I love it. Although I am a CPA I don’t do my taxes, but I do friends and family’s returns

      I host a weekly “fill in” blog hop – every Friday…. If you can, please check it out… http://wwwfeelingbeachie.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete

    ♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.