Jul 4, 2011

Cause for Celebration - I have a messy house!

I looked around this morning and realised with joy in my heart that I have a messy house! Why is this cause for celebration? Well, because it means I finally have a life.

I had my first baby when I was 23 years old. I was a very immature 23 as well. I was shy and scared of everything. My husband looks at photos of me when I was a kid and wonders who that little mouse is?
I spent the next twenty odd years wondering if I was enough. Am I pretty enough for my husband? Am I a good enough wife? Am I a good enough mother? Will I stuff the kids up too badly?
The more I  worried, the more I tidied. Everything was filed, labeled, and polished.
So when I look around my house and see that it's messy, it means I no longer worry that I am enough. I'm so busy living my life that I don't have time to worry that the bins are all empty and the crumbs are wiped. And that's a good thing!

Me - before Family 

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Congrats, Kat! Now, if only I had a life of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Kat! I also realized that quite some time ago, although many people may not agree with my housekeeping methods. I'm not going to be like my mom and constantly think it's not clean enough. I have more important things to do in life.

    Also, with two boys of 8 and 9, I don't always have a choice with a messy house. ;O)

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.