Jan 22, 2012

Fallen Books by Lauren Kate


My daughter Jessi lent me the Fallen Books by Lauren Kate. I've finished the first one and quite enjoyed it.  I'm looking forward to reading the others this year before  the film comes out. If you go to the Fallen webpage or Facebook Page, you can find all sorts of goodies, including sample chapters; fun apps; teaser trailers; and a Valentine competition to win a set of great Romance novels including:



The French Lieutenant’s Woman
 Pride and Prejudice
The Great Gatsby
Wuthering Heights
Shakespeare’s Sonnets

Jane Eyre
Anna Karenina
 Doctor Zhivago
4 A Farewell to Arms
Les Miserables 



The following is Jessi's review of the first book.
 You can find her at The Awesome Thorpies or Make-up Junkie Confessions.

Fallen is the first book of a four part installment (Part 4 soon to be released) featuring 17 year old Luce. Luce is sent to attend boarding school Swords and Cross, after an accident the previous year and has to deal with all the confusion that being sent to a new school brings.

Before long Luce finds herself drawn to Daniel Grigori without quite realizing why, but also can't help but be confused by feelings for bad boy Cam. Before long Luce starts to feel as though there is something she doesn't quite get - like some secret she is missing out on.

Without spoiling the story, the rest of the book is filled with good vs evil, friends vs enemies,  blurred lines and Luce trying to figure out exactly what it is some people are hiding.

I found this book a little hard to get into at first, but after a few chapters I was hooked and couldn't stop reading. I couldn't help but run out and get the rest of the series after reading Fallen, and I'm looking forward to the release of the forth book Rapture. This book is well worth the read, and I give it a rating of 4/5 - only losing points for not hooking me from the very beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.