Mar 2, 2012

The Little Rose by Sheri Fink



A gorgeous story for children that teaches them that even if they grow up in a weedbed, it doesn't make them a weed. All they need is someone to care for them, like the gardener cares for The Little Rose, so they can show the world who they really are and blossom. 
It's so difficult to explain to children how sometimes people say things that aren't true, and just because someone puts them down - it doesn't mean they are right. This book can open up all kinds of discussions. 
There are all different reasons why children grow up in a weed patch even if they are a little rose. Perhaps they have problems at school, maybe their family life is not ideal, perhaps they are living with some sort of issue. 
Whether you are a parent, a teacher, a foster parent, or child carer, this book will be an amazing resource to empower children and allow you to discuss some of life's difficult aspects. I loved this book and I admire Sheri Fink for tackling such an important issue. I'm sure you will fall in love with The Little Rose, too.

Check the links above to visit Sheri on the web and connect with her through social networking. 






4 comments:

  1. Aww...this sounds like such a sweet book. Thanks so much for sharing it in the Kid Lit Blog Hop. Glad you linked in and I'm now following you via GFC and RSS. Hope you join us again! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really sweet book! Luckily my son is young enough that we haven't run into these issues yet, but I know they are on the horizon, so it is good to have some tools to prepare! Thanks for sharing on the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate to growing up in a weedbed. I will have to get this book for my inner child. Thank you! Thanks also for linking in to the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.