Mar 20, 2012

What are you eating?

Despite the start of Autumn - it's still quite hot here. So we've been having light lunches and dinners. My daughter and I had a lovely lunch at a Sushi Bar the other day, I think it would be worth taking your esky bag and taking your dinner home from those places. So yummy & fresh.

I have had a food crush on spinach and feta lately as well. So I threw together some of these mini pizza's with spinach, feta, sun dried tomato and a sprinkle of mozzarella.My son likes anchovies on his, too.
I also, enjoyed the lovely food fare when we were in Margaret River, so it encouraged me to put together some tasting plates. Meats, cheeses, pickles, Turkish bread, olive oil and caramelised balsamic vinegar.

So what do the food critics say?

Beatrix Potter (one of my Guinea pigs) says: "I really like the spinach". And May Gibbs (the other Guinea Pig) says: "I have what Beatrix has - because I always steal her food." 

Jiggly Puff says: "Those Guinea Pigs don't know what they are talking about - the cheese is the best bit..."

So what's the fare like in your household at the moment? Comfort food or light and easy?

Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Well it's starting to get hot in Houston, lol! It's always hot in Houston. We had Chinese food tonight from my favorite local Chinese restaurant.

    I love spinach too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see Miss Jiggly Puff and teh(sic) Guineas munching out.

    Spinach is good, and cheese is good, but spinach AND cheese is even better!

    Gumbyman, Mr. Eccles, and our new girl Gorgeous mew hello, Kate!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.