Jul 5, 2012

Cat Thursday - 125 Most Asked Questions About Cats (And the Answers)

Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! Enjoy! This fun meme is hosted by The True Book Addict. Go over to her site to join in the fun.   









My sister gave me this book and I've been having a read. We all know or have heard of cats that can do tricks, but it's more of a rarity compared to dogs. Here is an example of a question from the book. 

Q. My cat sometimes extends a paw as though to shake hands. Can I train my cat to shake hands when I ask her to or to perform other tricks?

A. Yes, you can, if you are a professional animal trainer and are willing to spend several hours a day working with your cat. Otherwise, forget it. Many cats have a proclivity to repeat certain playful gestures, when they feel like it, that can pass for "tricks". Be content with that. 










5 comments:

  1. I love the video with the man and cat sharing a meal! It's so cute! And the Metro Goldwyn Mayer is very funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Cat Thursday...not surprised! You get cats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with that video, however, you are right. Cats will do as cats please. and any cat I've had, ends up training me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to get my hands on that book when I get some extra money. Sounds like there are some interesting things in there. I have tried to train Alice to shake and yes, cats are just too mind-of-their-own like. It would take hours and hours and she probably still would just not learn it. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, love the Metro Goldwyn one too !! Thanks for joining in on our Weekly Book Blog Hop this week, hope to see you next week xx

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.