Jul 26, 2012

Cat Thursday - with Poppy

Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! Enjoy! This fun meme is hosted by The True Book Addict. Go over to her site to join in the fun. 

This week we are having a visit from Jigglypuff's "cousin" Poppy - who is my sister's cat. They are not real cousins, but since we sister's are their adoptive mothers that makes them related somehow. 







Poppy is such a pretty cat. When she was a kitten, she managed  to injure her tummy and gave my sister quite a fright. Poppy had to have stitches. But since then she's been a lot more careful, she is actually quite a cautious cat compared to Jigglypuff. 


My sister recalled a funny story about Poppy:
One morning I was having my coffee and Poppy wanted a pat, she wouldn't leave me alone so I gave her a pat and afterwards I noticed a cat hair on the edge of my coffee mug and when I went to pick it off a whole heap of hair that was on my hand fell into my cup. It was pretty funny at the time, maybe you had to be there.

Is that called having a hair of the cat that bit you? :) 



Something else about Poppy is she stayed away from my nephew as a baby like he was something to fear (cat's know that babies steal the parents affections away from them - the cat - who should be the centre of attention. tee hee) Now he is bigger, she loves him and sneaks into his bedroom every night so she can sleep on the end of his bed.


Thanks for visiting Poppy.




8 comments:

  1. How cute! She looks almost like a female version of Eccles with more white in her fur. Your sister is lucky to own such a gorgeous cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I continue to be amazed by how much fur keeps coming off cats and where it all ends up. Poppy is pretty kitty.

    I also love your Lol cat pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Cats are so in charge of everything. I loved the story too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie has the absolute worst hair of any cat I have ever had...and it is endless! *augh*
    Poppy is beautiful! I had to laugh at "You're not my real mom!". That doesn't work here.
    When you bottlefeed, they often think you really are their mother...Grizelda & Chloe do think I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe Poppy is soooo cute! I wish I could get my family to be cat people! Don't get me wrong I am obsessed with my pup, but I think she needs a kitty friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poppy is a beautiful kitty! Lucky you with an extra fur baby on your hands. =O)

    That LOL is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.