Jul 24, 2012

Picaso to Warhol at the Art Gallery of WA

Picasso to Warhol: Fourteen Modern Masters from The Museum of Modern Art, New York16th June - 3rd Dec 2012 at the Art Gallery of Western Australia
We went to this exhibition a few weeks ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was awed to be standing in front of the likes of Picasso and Jackson Pollock. I was fascinated with seeing an actual Calder Mobile.  There were Mondrian's and Matisse's, as well asJasper Johns.  I was very entertained by the Warhol's - especially the Campbell's soup cans - because of our family name. I came across some other modern artists which I knew very little about, and snapped a couple of photos of works using patchwork and crochet as their themes. All in all, a wonderful exhibition. 


 Picasso
 Matisse
 Mondrian
 Brancusi 
 L`eger
 Mir`o
 An actual Calder mobile. Fascinating!
 Pollock 
Crochet by Louise Bourgeois 
 Patchwork quilt - Bearden 
 Jasper Johns
 Warhol 
Warhol 

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I wonder what stories these works of art would tell if they could speak... Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.