Aug 23, 2012

Cat Thursday - with Fat Cat




Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! Enjoy! This fun meme is hosted by The True Book Addict. Go over to her site to join in the fun.


By request from my sister - here are some pictures of Fat Cat. Fat Cat (Frederick Alphonso Tubsy Cat) was the character on TV children's shows here in Perth when we were growing up.
We used to say goodnight to Fat Cat on TV when we were kids, because when Fat Cat was on then you knew it was time for bed. 
Poor Fat Cat was questioned over the years about his gender identity; his obesity and his muteness - but to the kids who loved Fat Cat none of these things were an issue. Despite his show being cancelled, he is still a much loved Perth icon and mascot for Telethon to raise money for kid's illness and research. (See also Reg Whiteman Tribute.)











6 comments:

  1. That. Is. So. Awesome. I wish we had something like this on the telly when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so cool! Love it!
    (Your blog button keeps disappearing from my blog. I also keep getting kicked out of your blog. It keeps closing. Just wanted you to know...in case you aren't doing it on purpose...*LOL*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a show on telly (Fabeltjeskrant) when I was a kid that ended just before it was bedtime too. When Mr. Owl wished all the children goodnight you knew it was time for bed. Fat Cat sounds like a great show the way it deals with sensitive issues and allows children to accept them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback. I will check it out and find out what's going on. :( (I wouldn't kick you off - I love my cat people.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful. I think all countries have these iconic children's shows with characters we will not soon forget. I can name quite a few that I will always be nostalgic about. How cool that your character was a cat. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for posting..

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.