Aug 28, 2012

We're off to see the Wizard...

Last week, thanks to Hoyts and TCM we won free tickets to see The Wizard of Oz (1939), Even  though I saw this movie as a child and  put the video on for my kids to see, it was quite different seeing it on the big screen and as a mature adult. There were many laugh out loud moments and my hubby and one of the kids sitting near us, had a good old belly laugh going on. For me, it was the childlike wonderment of the movies.  It reminded me of when my mother took me to see some of the old movies like Gone with the Wind and My Fair Lady on the big screen. The delightful thing was, that everyone clapped at the end of the movie, like they used to when we were children. Here are a few screen shots and an outfit board for Dorothy that I created on Polyvore.  (P.S. I also spotted some gorgeous items around Dorothy's home in Kansas, that us vintage types would adore. )












4 comments:

  1. Wow! Lucky you! I would love to see it on the big screen. The boys and I are currently listening to the book on audio during our daily car rides to and from school and we're really enjoying it. It is quite different from the film, but I still love the film so much. It was tradition every year to watch it when it came on TV. Just one of those "warm feeling" moments, you know? =O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baum is one of my favorite writers. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite line from this movie would have to be "I'll get you, my pretty...and your little dog, too!"

    The winged monkeys were the greatest!

    I've read Baum as a kid, and maybe it's time to pick up his books again and give them another read.

    Thanks, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A true classic that is unforgettable. I loved the characters - so well developed.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.