Sep 6, 2012

Cat Thursday - Tom Kitten


Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! Enjoy! This fun meme is hosted by The True Book Addict. Go over to her site to join in the fun. 


This week I thought I would re-visit with Beatrix Potter since one of my guinea pigs is named after her. 
Beatrix Potter was the author and illustrator of 

You can read the whole book here at Project Gutenberg. I don't like it very much when the kittens get smacked. But I love it when they have taken all their silly clothes off and are sitting on the wall. 

This cuddly Tom Kitten is available at the Peter Rabbit Shop.





8 comments:

  1. I have an illustrated hardcover of her collected works, which I am absolutely delighted with. I haven't read all of them yet, but your Tom Kitten photos remind me to get back to these lovely tales! :)

    The last photo is adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I always look forward to your Cat Thursdays! You do wonderful posts! Thanks you! Hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to go to the library and check out some Beatrix Potter from the kids section! I always loved those books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I remember this book from when I was a child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Beatrix Potter's books and the illustrations are so lovely. Tom Kitten is my favorite, of course. I must have that Tom Kitten stuffed toy. Looks like I'm buying myself a Christmas present. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I love these illustrations. I love the little Tom Kitty you can buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post, Kate. It's always interesting, the characters writers come up with. Maybe one of these days I'll have the drive to work on my novella, but for now...other concerns.

    Stay awesome, Kate.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.