Nov 29, 2012

Cat Thursday - Miss Kitty Fantastico






Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL 
cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! Enjoy! This fun meme is hosted by The True Book Addict. Go over to her site to join in the fun. 


Miss Kitty Fantastico was the pet kitten of Willow Rosenberg and Tara Maclay in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series.
No-one is very sure what happened to Kitty Fantastico but she was a cute kitty anyway. 












Season 4 Episode 19 New Moon Rising

(Willow and Tara walking across campus.)
TARA: Do you like cats?
WILLOW: I'm more of a dog person myself. But I'm not like, "death to all cats." Why?
TARA: Cause I was thinking of getting one.
WILLOW: Can you have one in the dorms?
TARA: No, but this would be a sneaky cat.
WILLOW: That would be cool. You mean it'd be sort of like a familiar?
TARA: Actually, I-I was thinking it would be sort of like a pet. You know, we could ... we could name her Trixie, or Miss Kitty Fantastico, or something.
WILLOW: And we could make kitty go bonkers with string and catnip and stuff?
TARA: Absolutely.
WILLOW: Fun! I'm in.
TARA: So, you're not allergic or anything.
WILLOW: Nope.
TARA: Good, cause ... I want my room to be Willow-friendly.
WILLOW: Me too.

Source http://www.buffyworld.com


Season 4 Episode 20 The Yoko Factor
Cut to Tara's dorm room.  Willow is sitting on the bed playing with a small black and white kitten in her lap.  Tara is sitting on the large chest at the foot of the bed.  She is looking though the course selection booklet.
Willow:  Oh.  I keep thinking "Okay, that's the cutest thing ever," and then she does something cuter and completely resets the whole scale.
Tara:  Did you see her yawn earlier?
Willow:  Yes!  I thought I was going to die.
She picks up the kitten to look into its eyes.
Willow: (babying voice) Oh, I love you, Miss Kitty Fantastico!
Tara:  We got to get her a real name.
Willow:  It's so cool that she's ours. (pause) Uh, yours.  That she's yours is-is cool.
Tara:  She can be ours if you want?
Willow just smiles at that.
Tara:  You still need an elective. (glances down at booklet) How about . . Sophomore Level Psychology?
Willow:  Oh.  Kinda psyched out since Professor Walsh.  Maybe something fun like drama.  I could be dramatic.
Willow picks the kitten up again in front of her face.
Willow:  (dramatic voice) You cannot have more catnip!  You have a catnip problem!
Tara:  (laughing) Definitely drama.
The kitty starts pawing at Willow's hair and face.  She lowers it to her lap again.








Season 4 Episode 22 Restless
TARA: I think it's strange. I mean, I think I should worry that we haven't found her name.
WILLOW: Who, Miss Kitty?
(Shot of their kitten, playing with a ball of red yarn in slow-motion.)
TARA: You'd think she'd let us know her name by now.
WILLOW: She will. (Looking down at Tara) She's not all grown yet.

Source http://www.buffyworld.com

Season 5 Episode 6 Family

Episode begins. We see Willow and Tara's kitten playing with a small ball of yarn.

WILLOW VOICEOVER: Tell me a story.

TARA VOICEOVER: Okay. Once upon a time, there was, um ... a kitty. She was very little, and she was all alone, and nobody wanted her.

WILLOW VOICEOVER: This is a very upsetting story.

TARA VOICEOVER: Oh, oh, but it gets better.

The kitten runs offscreen. Cut to a shot of her trying to crawl under a bed.

TARA VOICEOVER: 'Cause one day the kitty was running around in the street and a man came, and swooped her up...

A pair of hands comes into the shot and swoops up the kitten.

TARA: And took her to the pound.

We see Tara sitting on the end of Willow's bed lifting the kitten into her lap. Willow is in the bed, under the covers.

TARA: And at the pound there were lots of other kitties, and there were puppies, and some ferrets...

WILLOW: (smiling) Were there dolphins?

TARA: (handing kitten to Willow) Yes. Many dolphins at the pound.

WILLOW: Or was there a camel?

TARA: (thinks) There was the front of a camel. A half camel. (Smiles)

WILLOW: (cuddling kitten) Did the kitty get chosen by some nice people?

TARA: Well, now you ruined the ending.

WILLOW: Mmm... (lets go of the kitten and it runs off) I'm sleepy.




Season 7 Episode 21 End of Days

DAWN

Xander, my crossbow is not out here. I told you, I don't leave crossbows around all willy-nilly. (pauses guiltily) Not since that time with Miss Kitty Fantastico.


Source http://buffy.wikia.com

Their action figures include a tiny Kitty Fantastico.

7 comments:

  1. LOL. You know, I never even thought about it or realized kitty just disappeared. Huh. She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen a few eps of Buffy, so this is new to me. One thing I love about supernatural shows is the way they portray cats, which I'm sure Mr. Eccles would appreciate. He sends his best, BTW, and seems to feel a little better. I'm hoping his tummy will allow him to eat tonight, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute kitty. Looks like she has a lot of personality too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cat! I never watched it but maybe I should look at an old episode just to see the little cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this post, Kate! I was a Buffy fanatic. I completely forgot about Kitty Fantastico. Definitely a cute kitty. =O)

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.