Dec 1, 2012

Skyfall - something for everyone.

We saw Skyfall last weekend. I'm not a big James Bond fan, though I did read the first book Man with the Golden Gun when I was about 12 and I have a vintage copy of it. 


I am however, a bit of a Daniel Craig fan with his big baby blue eyes. I am also an enormous Judi Dench (M) fan and I was not disappointed in her role in this film at all. Besides, I think we should all move to the UK just so we can wear fabulous coats all the time. 


There was the typical Bond action and a few scenes where he gets his kit off. It's pretty good as far as getting the adrenaline pumping and there is some gorgeous scenery when they get to Scotland. 
This is by no means the usual film I watch but it was nicely shot and the fans won't be disappointed with a couple of classic references. 


The villain played by Javier Bardem is quite brilliant and you just want to slap him. I best remember him from Eat, Pray, Love and Love in the Time of Cholera. But he's been in lots of films.


Voldermort shows up as usual (oops I always get my UK movies mixed up), of course Ralph Fiennes shows up and he's as smooth as ever. 






Ben Whishaw (Q) is some eye candy for the younger ladies and he's like a genius to boot. There's a couple of lovely ladies as usual and some gratuitous violence and fighting, but it wouldn't be Bond without them. 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Daniel Craig and I think he is an amazing Bond! Haven't seen Skyfall yet, but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bond movies are a fave of mine. I remember seeing and reading the novelization of the movie Moonraker as well as reading a copy of the original novel of same owned by an uncle of mine. Good stuff. I'll probably be seeing this one too. Great review, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to see this movie. Haven't yet, but I've heard lots of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.