Feb 1, 2013

Have you tried Hairpin Crochet?

I knitted this long jacket back when it was still winter here in Australia, but I wanted to finish it off somehow. I decided to add some little ruffles using hairpin crochet. But it's not something I've ever done before. I found the instructions in a vintage crochet book which my mother-in-law gave me. I'm quite pleased with the results.





There is a great tutorial at Stitch Diva Studios. If anyone else has had a go at this, I'd love to have a link to your work.


3 comments:

  1. I have done hairpin crochet, but I'm not very patient with it. The results are so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this technique would be suitable for knitting fractal-like designs, especially highly-detailed 3D designs...

    Ordinary 2D images might easily work, especially using a previously generated image as the template for shape and yarn color.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.