Apr 19, 2013

Cat Thursday - Scams & Hoaxes.






Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats! Enjoy! This fun meme is hosted by The True Book Addict. Go over to her site to join in the fun.


My blood pressure is playing up, and when that happens I get really grumpy for some reason. Well today I have decided to hate on scammers. Those people who trick little old ladies out of money, send viruses and malware to your inbox, people who peddle nonsense to the public for profit, and people who clog up my news feeds and email with stupid hoaxes. But my biggest annoyance at the moment are those who trick people into liking something on Facebook by appealing to your better nature and using made-up stories of woe. They don't care who they hurt along the way or who they exploit as long as they can sell their page for profit. 








My favourite sites for Mythbusting:









9 comments:

  1. I love the last pic you posted. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well put with the Grumpy Cat. I've just bookmarked three of the sites you've listed, Kate. Thanks much for posting this! Scammers make me a bit grumpy as well, and Mr Eccles too! *Mew*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that ticks me off to no end too!! Rant on! Yep that last one is awesome. I love suspicious cat too. lol And love Snopes. That's my go to :)

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Cat Thursdays. Grumpy cat is my favorite. But I have to say that first cat got me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, thanks I needed that! I field calls from spammers all day at work. They are so obnoxious and annoying and time-wasting. grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I am right there with you. It's mean to scam people, plain & simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it does get really frustrating. We don't know what to believe anymore. I've frequented Snopes quite a bit actually.

    Grumpy loves..I mean...hates having the last word. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate scammers too. :-(

    Love the kitties, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.