Apr 3, 2014

Someone is Telling me a Story - Guest Post by Sylvia Hubbard

When I teach how to write stories, I see a look in people’s eyes (who haven’t started their story) of confusion and awe.
People ask me how did you come up with that story?
I really can’t say I did.
Someone told me the story.
Now just in case you have no idea what the P.O.V. (point of view) is, let’s give you the meaning. You can click here to understand more of P.O.V.
Most writers I’m reading and researching write in first person. I’ve never been a first person author.
I’ve learned over the years a lie can only be believed when the receiver hears about it as third person. Why do you think gossip is so contagious?
Whenever I’ve written a story it’s always been in third person. Partly because I like to know what I’m writing really can’t happen to me. It’s happening to someone else and I can take that character, wherever I want and she can’t do a thing about it. Yet once I take her there , she has to use her own resource to come up with a resolution and her own shear will to get back to some kind of normalcy.
My whole point in telling a story is what if. What if this happened? What if that happened? What would a person do especially when you throw in drama, high suspense and a romance that shouldn’t even be considered and into a situation that seems impossible to get out of?
I believe what my readers like about my story is that I’m going to find solutions to problems that can only be resolved by the characters solutions and not my own.

I like that about my stories. I think I’m my greatest fan and that is why I write third person because I love telling myself stories and it’s just awesome readers read me because they enjoy my stories too. 

Sylvia Hubbard knew she’d wanted to be a writer of romance long before she knew there were black writers in the world. Weaving stories magically as a summer pastime to writing stories to get through the humdrum of school, she was able to create something from nothing.

Today, she has independently published over 28 books, is the founder of Motown Writers Network and The AA Electronic Literary Network, CEO of HubBooks Literary Services, runs over five blogs on a variety of subjects, hosts The Michigan Literary Network Radio Show and is a happily divorced mother of three children in Detroit, Michigan.

“I’m no superwoman,” she states with a smile that seems infinite on her lips. “I’m just being an asset in the world instead of a liability.”

Considered an addicted blogger by HoneyTechblog.com, nominated and recognized for her literary work in the Metro Detroit area, referred to as “A Literary Diva” by Detroit City Council and donned “Cliffhanger Queen” by her readers, she finds solace in speaking and educating on a variety of topics.


Author’s Website: www.sylviahubbard.com
Author’s Blog: www.sylviahubbard.com/blog




AVAILABLE AT BOOKSTORES
AMAZON
EBOOK LINKS
Smashwords Link
eBook Two

$15 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway

2 comments:

  1. An incredible amount of published books. I thoroughly enjoyed this guest post.

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.