Oct 31, 2015

National Novel Writing Month 2015



National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) challenges you to write 50 000 words in the month of November. I have been writing such a lot of technical writing in the last few years, and I want to go back to collecting personal histories and folklife. So I am challenging myself to NaNoWriMo to increase my creativity.
I have also been doing some art, colouring and other creative pursuits to broaden myself in this way. It's really helped with my mourning time.



I attended a great introductory session by author Rebecca Laffar-Smith. She discussed the ins and outs of NaNoWWriMo and how to get involved. She was really inspiring and encouraged amateur writers to have a go at this amazing challenge.

I also attended a great session on using Scrivener by author Natasha Lester.




I have attended a previous session with Natasha where she talked about how to pitch book ideas. She is very enthusiastic about her subject matter and she doesn't make you feel silly for asking the obvious questions. She's patient and very knowledgeable. I also really enjoyed her book, What is Left Over, After.

If you are also doing NaNoWriMo let me know. If you would like to connect at the site, my username is AButchersWife. (The same as my Twitter handle). Happy writing. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the bloggosphere, Kate! You've kept busy lately, and I look forward to your literary artistry!

    ReplyDelete

♥ I love comments. All comments are moderated. No word verification.